Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Busy, busy, busy..............



Oh, I hope things calm down soon! It's been a crazy few weeks! Matty is doing well! He began feeding yesterday, and is tolerating it great! He is up to an ounce every 3 hours, and they expect him to be at 2 ounces tomorrow! So, we are thinking we should have him home soon. (These pics are from Tuesday night-he was smiling away-so happy!) As I was visiting Matty on Tuesday, I realized that the patients in the next area near Matty were actually conjoined twins!!! I was really trying to sneak a peek, but I couldn't. From what I heard from the nurse, they are attached at the chest and will be having surgery. Seeing or hearing something like that, just really puts things into perspective-you know, even with everything these babies have been through, things could always be worse. KWIM?
Anyway, Katie came home last night! Interventional Radiology put a new MIC-KEY button feeding tube in her yesterday morning. She recovered well, and is tolerating her new feeding system great.
Austin and Emma are doing great. Actually all the babies are rolling from their backs to bellies already! It's amazing to see them roll all around the floor! They are starting to recognize each other, and they coo so much and soooo loud! Austin loves to imitate you-so cute! Katie is really starting to coo, also. It's been harder for her b/c of her floppy throat, but she really is getting vocal now, much more than before. I'm so proud of each and every one of them...............I sound just like a gushy mom, huh?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Annie! I'm so sorry you've had such a hectic time lately! I wish I lived closer to help you out. Glad everyne is on the mend. Things should calm down soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann
Thanks for the update I hope everyone is feeling better really soon!
Kim

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear how well Katie & Matthew are doing!! :) They are so little, yet so strong and resilient... it's amazing and wonderful!
Hopefully things will calm down for you all soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Matty looks so adorable!!! He just has the best eyes and smile - they take up his whole face!!! So glad to hear he's eating well, even better than before! He probably feels so much better now - crazy how much they found going on in his little belly. Hope he's already home...