Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Emma is sick..........


Yes, my little Emma is sick. She has been "off" for a few days now, but I just couldn't pinpoint what was going on with her. Over the weekend, she wasn't eating well, but I really didn't think it was anything. (Although my mom knew she was sick...Moms are always right I am slowly learning!) Anyway today, Emma woke up with nonstop crying, and then was clinging to me most of the morning. She had a fever, and got really hot from it. Since Lexi doesn't start school until tomorrow, I decided to put the other three down for a nap, and just take Emma to the pediatrician. Lexi would be able to keep an eye on the other three for me. So, pediatrician checked her ears and throat, which I assumed was the culprit, but NO, everything was PERFECT. We ended up doing a urine test, and it came back that she has a bladder infection! I never imagined that. I went to two CVS's to get the prescription filled, but both of them had to order it-they wanted me to wait 3 days for the medicine??!!! I ended up checking with Walgreens, and luckily, they had it. So we gave her the first dose tonight, and have to continue it for two weeks. I am hoping she feels better tomorrow. I have to say my Katie knew Emma was sick. Emma would lay on me or Tom, and Katie would come over and rub Emma's back....................soooo sweet how they care about each other already! I love it!

5 comments:

Misty said...

I do hope Emma feels better soon. i know how miserable those are! UGH!
I do love when they look out for each other. It has been so cute to watch the sisterly bonding going on lately.
Take care,
Mist

Sarah said...

Too bad little Emma is sick. Hopefully a dose or two of meds will get her back to her old self!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,
Poor Emma! I hope she feels better soon. Hopefully the medicine will help her feel better. I have noticed that Joseph & Nicholas have been bonding together too it is so cute to watch! Get Well Soon Emma!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, Emma! The medicine should do the trick! :)
p.s. So sweet with Katie knowing her sister doesn't feel good. The "connection" mulitples have is amazing-- language, emotions, etc. So sweet....

Denise said...

Poor Em! How miserable she must be. I do hope she feels better soon.