Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feeding and Swallowing appointment


Here is a pic of Katie girl today at her doc's appt.
It wasn't too bad. The nutritionist said that if Katie doesn't gain 2.5-5 ounces in two weeks, then we will restart small tube feeds at night. I think I can get her to gain that. He gave me a bunch of ideas for calorie boosting......... She weighed 19.3 lbs today. I am checking to see if the insurance will cover "Duocal", it's a calorie boosting tasteless powder you can add to her drinks, food, etc. I am hoping it is covered, b/c it costs like $35/can. I can add plain old s ugar to any fruit cups she eats..............and I've already started the cream cheese on bagels (she had it for a snack again tonight!) So we will see.......................I do not want her back on tube feeds. Fatten up, Katie girl, Fatten up!!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG-- what a face! BEAUTIFUL!
Like Dr. Sheth says -- everything that is bad for us at this age is good for them at that age! :) Katie girl-- eat up & enjoy it while you can, honey! :)
She'll be OK, Mommy! :)

Sarah said...

I used to mix a tablespoon of heavy cream into yogurt cups for O. I am amazed at how well she's doing! Go Katie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,
Wow...Katie looks so grown up in this pictures. She is a beautiful little girl. I am sure she will gain the 2.5-5 ounces in two weeks because you have done a great job with everything else that has come your way.I will keep my fingers crossed.
Kim

Unknown said...

Oh honey! we are praying for a katie girl to fatten up! You can do it! She will gain it, you will help her and together you will do it!