Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kindergarten Social!!!!

So, here we are.....almost the beginning of Kindergarten!!!!!  I can't believe it---we've made it this far!!! :)  Matthew, Emma, and Katie are attending the same private school as Nicholas.  Due to Austin's Aspergers diagnosis, I think it would be a better fit for Austin to attend the local public school that has an inclusion Kindergarten class.  An inclusion class is a class that has a regular education teacher as well as a Special Education teacher.  The ratio of those kids with issues to "typical" kids is about 1 to 5.  So, Austin will have the help of a Special Ed teacher, as well as be surrounded by "typical" kids, so he can  model their behavior. 

In any event, today we attended the Kindergarten Ice Cream Social at the private school.  All FIVE kids attended, and had so much fun---the best part???  They got seconds on ice cream! LOL  That was their favorite part!  All four little ones are very excited for the first day of kindergarten!  And I am excited at the thought of having more time to get things done around the house----but sad at the same time that my "miracle babies" are not really babies anymore :-(......

To Matty, Emma, Katie, and Austin.....My big KINDERGARTEN kids!!!!  I am SO PROUD of ALL of you!!!!  YOU all have amazed me since the moment you were born.......and now look at you guys!  Starting school......I know you will continue to amaze me with your achievements in school....YOU are all bright, caring, independent, and amazing little kids....You are all going to do GREAT things....I know it!  Mommy loves each of you sooo much...and I am so proud of you.  :)   

I wonder what you're doing right now
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
a nice friend that you can find.
I wonder if the teacher know just
how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
is something she can see.
I wonder if you are thinking about
me and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug.
I wonder if you could possibly understand
how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
for this is the first step in letting my baby go.

No comments: