Monday, January 7, 2008

"I don't want to sleep in my room!"





Warning-this is what happens when you let your baby sleep in your bed!!!! When he does have to sleep in his own bed, he makes himself cry uncontrollably because he can't be in yours!!!!! I have sooo learned my lesson with the quads. No sleeping in my bed (unless you are sick!).............Oh, Nicky gave me a run for my money tonight trying to get him to sleep in his own bed. He did, but definitely after some crying and many, many, many hugs and a few renditions of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by me! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,
Poor Nicky he loves his mom and dad so much that he wants to be with them all day and all NIGHT!
He looks adorable even when he is sad. Joseph and Nicholas have never slept in bed with us even if they are sick Anthony does not like the family bed but I would have loved to have it.....oh well you can't win them all!
Kim

Andria said...

Oh how heartbreaking! :( After struggling to get my 5-year old to sleep, he'll usually end up in my bed at 4-5 in the morning...kindly asking, "mommy, can I sleep with you for a little bit?". It melts me! But I wonder how long this will go on?

You are strong!...and brave! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a sad face! It's tough Mommy, but.... your sad lil' man will be OK and it's for the best. I guess you have to break the habit now for the future.
Can you imagine the 4 when they get older? You will be sleeping in their beds & them in yours... lol. It's definitely hard! Hang in there... Like everything, this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

My Ira is JUST LIKE THIS. She says the bumps in her room (bumpy surface on the ceiling in ALL the rooms of our apartmetn) are going to get her. I never wanted to have my kid(s) sleep with me, but dh fought me on that. Guess who won? Guess who is kicking himself now, 5 yrs down the road?